Today, we’re talking about beer cocktails.
Beer in all its glory is great alone. From light, cloudy and refreshing wheat beers to dark, roasty and filling stouts, there really is a brew for everyone. But beer is also the unsung hero of many a cocktail, infusing its big and small flavors, effervescence and diverse notes from hoppiness to maltiness. Tastes of citrus, spice, herbs, chocolate, espresso and more run the gamut and burst forth when mixed with even the most simple of ingredients.
Our favorite beer cocktails come from a Mashable post we can’t stop clicking on! With spring in the air and summer on the horizon, we’re giving a nod to our top three from this on-trend list:
- 12 oz. cold light beer
- Juice of ½ lime
- Dash of hot spices (optional)
- Slice of lime (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Slowly pour beer into a glass.
- Squeeze in lime juice.
- Stir gently so as not to over-foam.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.
The Black and Black
- 6 oz. black currant juice
- 12 oz. cold stout
- Ice (optional)
- Fill a glass half-full with black currant juice (about 6 oz.).
- Slowly pour beer on top to create a layer of stout, similar to a black and tan.
The Summer Hoedown
Makes a pitcher
- 48 oz. cold wheat beer (four 12 oz. bottles/cans)
- 1 watermelon (without pits)
- Cut the watermelon from the rind.
- Chop into smaller pieces.
- In batches, liquefy the watermelon.
- Transfer liquid watermelon to a pitcher.
- Slowly pour in four wheat beers.
We recommend the Luigi Bormioli Birrateque Wheat glass, designed to be larger to release the nuances of wheat beer, and our Michelangelo Pitcher with Cooling Tube to keep the ice from diluting this thirst-quenching drink.
Do you have a favorite fun beer cocktail? Leave us a comment and let us know!
At Luigi Bormioli, we take pride in our Italian-crafted, superior quality glassware. Your glasses, created using our proprietary SON.hyx ultra-clear formula, will retain their brilliant and transparent appearance and are backed by our 25-year guarantee that guards against chipping on the rim or foot, as well as discoloration or cloudiness resulting from washing. You will enjoy their beauty, durability and strength for many years to come. We aim to enhance your tabletop lifestyle and entertaining experience with a glass for every occasion. When the moment matters, the glass matters.