As much as we hate to let summer go, we love to see fall arrive. As warm days start to wane and crisp air follows, it’s time for jeans, sweaters and (of course!) autumn-inspired drinks. Toast the season right with these fall cocktails.
If you’re sad to see your summer margaritas fade with the sunset, take heart: the perfect way to ease into fall is with this delicious cocktail.
- 1/2 lemon, quartered
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce elderflower liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces of apple juice or cider (your preference)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Muddle the lemon quarters with ground cinnamon in a cocktail shaker.
- Add tequila, elderflower and cider to shaker, add ice and shake well.
- Strain into ice-filled rocks glasses and garnish with the cinnamon stick. (Note: the cinnamon stick is crucial for the full fall experience!)
Need to find the perfect rocks glass?
If apples aren’t your fall fruit of choice, try this classic crafted with another favorite autumn flavor.
- 2 ounces pear brandy
- 2 ounces pear nectar
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 pear slice
- This one is super easy to make. Just throw it all in a shaker with ice and then strain it into your favorite martini glass.
- Top your sweet and sour drink with a thinly sliced pear sliver for a classic cocktail look.
For maximum enjoyment, make sure you have the right martini glass.
Pumpkin Spice White Russian
(Recipe courtesy of Nutmeg Nanny)
Truth: we all know the best part about fall is pumpkins—particularly everything pumpkin spice. If your pumpkin spice latte isn’t doing it for you, we’ve got just the idea to make it your favorite flavor once again: drink your dessert!
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur
- Whipped cream, optional
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- (In our world, whipped cream and chocolate syrup are never optional—they are musts!)
- Shake together your pumpkin pie spice and heavy cream.
- Fill your rocks glass with ice and pour in vodka, coffee, liqueur and the heavy cream mixture.
- Dollop on the whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
We suggest a highball glass for best presentation.
There now, don’t you feel better?
Keep an eye on our blog for entertaining ideas for every season and, of course, the perfect Luigi Bormioli vessel for impressing your guests—and your taste buds. Our beautiful barware is a worthwhile and affordable investment for every season. Cheers!
At Luigi Bormioli, we take pride in our Italian-crafted, superior quality glassware. Your glasses, created using our proprietary SON.hyx ultra-clear formula, will retain their brilliant and transparent appearance and are backed by our 25-year guarantee that guards against chipping on the rim or foot, as well as discoloration or cloudiness resulting from washing. You will enjoy their beauty, durability and strength for many years to come. We aim to enhance your tabletop lifestyle and entertaining experience with a glass for every occasion. When the moment matters, the glass matters.